Bilingual (Spanish) Case Manager- FT (35 hours) 9a-5p
The Bilingual Case Manager must be fluent in both Spanish and English as well as must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in social work). Possession of a Massachusetts social work license, eligibility for such, and/or willingness to establish eligibility within a reasonable time following employment is essential.
A valid Massachusetts driver’s license and legally insured and registered motor vehicle. (A copy of current license and registration will be on file in the personnel record).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Bi-lingual Case Management responsibilities include completing all of the following on behalf of Spanish-speaking elders:
- Completing face to face client-oriented needs assessments that identify issues or problems which inhibit independent living,
- Determining financial, functional, and program eligibility for a variety of service and program options: SHC, Respite, ECOP, CHOICES, MA Waiver, 300% and Spousal Waiver.
- Identifying and referring applicants appropriate for AFC, GAFC, PCA, Caring Homes, Supportive and Congregate Housing, Caregiver Initiatives, Money Management, Volunteer Services, etc.
- Participating in interdisciplinary work with ASAP RNs. Functioning as a team partner in the Comprehensive Service and Screening model, completing on-site assessments and case conferences at nursing homes to assist individuals to return to the community.
- Mobilizing and supporting informal supports,
- Authorizing and monitoring of services,
- Coordinating with other community agencies and services,
- Providing information, referral and follow up,
- Advocating effectively on behalf of elder applicants and clients to assist them in availing themselves of wide range of public and private benefits and programs.
- Assisting in problem resolution.
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge base regarding community resources,
- Participating in staff meetings and in service trainings,
- Maintaining case record documentation in a timely and comprehensive manner in accordance with EOEA, DMA regulations, standards and MHCC procedure manuals
- Providing supportive counseling to clients and to family members, when appropriate.
- Serving on after-hours on-call team to respond to consumer needs.
- All Case Managers shall adhere to the principles of client self-determination and individual choice, involving clients in the identification of problems and design of appropriate service plans. All Case Management activities shall be designed to promote optimal independence among clients.
- The Case Manager shall perform other related duties as assigned.
If this sounds like something that might interest you please submit your resume to email@example.com