Montachusett Home Care Corp., a growing full social service agency serving the elderly and the disabled, has two (2) openings for full-time opening for a Geriatric Services Support Coordinator (GSSC) for our Senior Care Options (SCO) department
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s degree in human services or a related field is required. Experience or training in the delivery of social services and knowledge of basic medical and social service delivery systems is preferred. Possession of a Massachusetts social work license, eligibility for such and or willingness to establish eligibility within a reasonable time following employment is essential. A valid Massachusetts driver’s license and a legally insured and registered motor vehicle is required. ( A copy of current license and registration will be on file in the personnel record.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completing face to face member-oriented needs assessments within 30 days of the referral that identify issues or problems which inhibit Independent living.
- Completing reassessments as scheduled according to SCO contract and level of member
- Authorizing appropriate services in accordance with the individual SCO policy and procedures;
- Monitoring care plans to ensure needs are being addressed and services are being delivered as authorized.
- Participating in the SCO interdisciplinary team by making joint member visits with the SCO RN, attending Primary Care Team (PCT) Meetings as requested, attending monthly or quarterly meetings with the SCO Team and attending SCO trainings as requested
- Advocating effectively on behalf of members to assist them in availing themselves of the benefits and programs available via the SCO
- Assisting in problem resolution
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge base regarding community resources and benefits provided by the SCO
- Maintaining case documentation in a timely and comprehensive manner in accordance with the individual SCO contract and standards
- Keeping SCO team apprised of any changes with members
- The GSSC will perform other duties as assigned
Please send resume to HR@mhcc-1.org
MHCC offers a family friendly work environment. Older workers, minorities, and Spanish speaking individuals are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE