At Montachusett Home Care (MHCC), we provide comprehensive information and quality services so that older people, individuals with disabilities, and their families are empowered to make personalized choices to ensure a life of dignity, safety and respect. Our commitment to our employees is to provide a safe and healthy environment where employees take pride in their employer.
Please read a general overview of the benefits MHCC offers to its employees. Participation in these benefits is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the applicable plan.
For more information, please contact the Human Resources Department: (978) 466-1540 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Long Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability insurance provides financial protection to eligible employees who become totally or partially disabled and are unable to work or need to work a reduced schedule for an extended period of time.
- Long Term Disability benefits begin ninety (90) days after a qualifying disability.
- The LTD benefit is 60 percent of your basic monthly earnings, less any other income, up to a maximum monthly benefit of $5,000.
Short Term Disability Insurance
- This benefit provides financial protection to eligible employees who become disabled due to a non-work related injury or sickness.
- The elimination period is 29 calendar days.
- The STD benefit is 60% of your weekly earning, less any other income, up to a maximum weekly benefit of $1,000.
Basic Term Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Full-time employees after 1 year of continuous service of at least 30 hours per week are entitled to basic term life insurance coverage paid for by MHCC.
- At the age of 70, the original amount if insurance will be reduced to 50%
Basic Employee Assistance Program
- This program is offered at no cost to MHCC staff and is 100% confidential. It provides you with information and/or resources to help you resolve life’s challenges.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Care FSA (maximum allowed is $2,6500 per year).
- Dependent Care FSA (maximum allowed is $5,000 per year)
- Subject to IRS maximum allowances.
- All employees who work 20 hours or more are eligible to participate in MHCC’s 403(b) plan. MHCC will match 4%, and contribute 3% for a total of 7%.
- MHCC retains the services of financial advisors through Principal. All eligible employees are encouraged to consult Principal for financial advice.
Who is eligible for Medical Benefits?
Regular full-time employees.
Dependents of employees are also eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision and Supplemental Life benefits.
Spouses and Domestic Partners who are unable to obtain health insurance through their employer, are eligible to be carried under MHCC.
- We offer two medical HMO plans through Fallon Community Health Plan.
- Direct Care
- Select Care
- There is a $1000 deductible for both individual plans, which MHCC pays $750. There is a $2000 deductible for both family plans, which MHCC pays for $1500.
- MHCC contributes 79% toward each individual plan, and 71.10% of each family plan.
- MHCC offers dental insurance through Altus Dental.
Voluntary Vision Plan
- MHCC provides you with the opportunity to purchase vision coverage through VSP.
- MHCC observes 12 holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents Day, Patriots Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
- Employees must be permanently scheduled to work at least 17.5 hours per week in order to receive paid holidays on a pro-rated basis.
- MHCC employees are eligible for the benefit hub discount program. Discounts are offered online, such as for entertainment, movie tickets, shopping, car rentals, vacations, and gifts.
Employee Referral Bonus Program
- If the employee’s referral is hired and completes the 6-month introductory period, the employee will receive a bonus.
- If an employee’s referral is hired and scheduled to work part-time MHCC will pay the employee $250.
- If an employee’s referral is hired and scheduled to work full-time MHCC will pay the employee $500.
Vacation Time Off
For new employees, after completing 6 months of service, 1 week of paid vacation time is available, and then after completing 12 months of paid employment, an additional week of vacation time is available.
In the second year of employment and thereafter, time is accrued and credited each pay period at the rate of 4 weeks per year.
Upon the 14th year of employment, the vacation accrual rate increases to 5 weeks per year. The additional week will be included in the accrual every consecutive year thereafter.
- Regular full-time employees receive 6 personal days (42 hours) per anniversary year.