Benefits

Benefits

At Montachusett Home Care Corp (MHCC), we provide comprehensive information and quality services so that older people, individuals with disabilities, and their families are empowered to make personalized choices to ensure a life of dignity, safety, and respect. Our commitment to our employees is to provide a safe and healthy environment where employees take pride in their work.

Please read a general overview of the benefits MHCC offers to its employees. Participation in these benefits is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the applicable plan.

Providing care for elderly

WORK LIFE BALANCE

Does your 5th grader have a school presentation? Does your mother have a doctor’s appointment that you need to attend? At MHCC, we encourage a work-life balance.

  • Vacation time is accrued and credited each pay period at the rate of 4 weeks per year.
  • Regular full-time employees receive 6 personal days (42 hours) per anniversary year.
  • Regular full-time employees accrue sick time of 15 days (105 hours) per year.
  • MHCC observes 12 holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents Day, Patriots Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
  • Employees must be permanently scheduled to work at least 17.5 hours per week in order to receive paid holidays on a pro-rated basis.
  • MHCC offers wellness Wednesdays where we offer different classes, such as kick boxing, yoga, meditation, HIIT class, and Zumba.
  • MHCC also offer different seminars on healthy eating, sleep, and stress management.
  • MHCC houses a wellness and meditation center at our office campus.
  • MHCC employees are eligible for the benefit hub discount program. Discounts are offered online, such as for entertainment, movie tickets, shopping, car rentals, vacations, and gifts.
  • If the employee’s referral is hired and completes the 6-month introductory period, the employee will receive a bonus.
  • If an employee’s referral is hired and scheduled to work part-time MHCC will pay the employee $250.
  • If an employee’s referral is hired and scheduled to work full-time MHCC will pay the employee $500.
  • MHCC reimburses employees for agency related travel at the IRS standard mileage rate.
  • All employees who work 20 hours or more are eligible to participate in MHCC’s 403(b) plan. After one year of service, MHCC will match contributions up to 4%, and contribute 3% for a total of 7%, at our discretion.
  • MHCC retains the services of financial advisors through Principal. All eligible employees are encouraged to consult Principal for financial advice.

INSURANCE

  • Regular full-time employees.
  • Dependents of employees are also eligible for Medical, Dental, and Vision.
  • Spouses and Domestic Partners who are unable to obtain health insurance through their employer, are eligible to be carried under MHCC.
  • We offer two medical HMO plans through Fallon Community Health Plan.
    • Direct Care
    • Select Care
  • There is a $1000 deductible for both individual plans, of which MHCC pays $750. There is a $2000 deductible for both family plans, of which MHCC pays $1500.
  • MHCC contributes 79% toward each individual plan, and 71.10% of each family plan.
  • Health Care FSA
  • Dependent Care FSA
  • Subject to IRS maximum allowances
  • MHCC offers dental insurance through Altus Dental.
  • MHCC provides you with the opportunity to purchase vision coverage through VSP.
  • This program is offered at no cost to MHCC staff and is 100% confidential. It provides you with information and/or resources to help you resolve life’s challenges.
  • Long Term Disability insurance provides financial protection to eligible employees who become totally or partially disabled and are unable to work or need to work a reduced schedule for an extended period of time.
  • Long Term Disability benefits begin ninety (90) days after a qualifying disability.
  • The LTD benefit is 60 percent of your basic monthly earnings, less any other income, up to a maximum monthly benefit of $5,000.
  • Full-time employees after 1 year of continuous service of at least 20 hours per week are entitled to basic term life insurance coverage paid for by MHCC.
Young woman sitting on couch, smiling while using her cell phone and laptop

Have questions about our benefits?

4 + 0 = ?

Skip to content